Click HERE for a List of Past Kiwi CHAPTER Award Recipients
Click HERE for a list of Past individual Kiwi Award Recipients
NATIONAL AWARDS PRESENTED AT CONVENTION
Click HERE for a Brief History of the Awards and Trophies
1. The Kiwi Award of Merit – A special good-neighbor award presented as a salute to chapters that have performed the most outstanding services toward unifying their communities each two-year period between national conventions.
2. The Kay Hansen Award - to honor the first official AA Kiwi Counselor, who gave the inspiration for the survival of TKC. It is presented to a chapter for its facilitation of uplifting charitable acts.
3. The Memorial Award - to honor stewardesses/flight attendants who have lost their lives in the line of duty. This award recognizes a chapter for its above and beyond charitable efforts.
*Later it was found that Ada Huckeby was the first to be killed in the line of duty in 1934. In light of this new information, the National Kiwi Board recommended that the award be officially known as The Memorial Award as of February 8, 2008.)”
4. The Kiwi Award of Excellence - To recognize a chapter for its continual dedication to and support of The Kiwi Club and the chapter's local community/charity. It is given to a chapter for long time charity work to one charity or a long-time chapter that although they are struggling, continues to support TKC and their local charities. It is not given every year. The recipient of this award receives a framed certificate.
5. The Millie Alford Membership Award – To honor the chapter having the largest percentage of increased membership during the term (the preceding two years).
6. The Kiwi Club Award – also known as the Virginia Woodby Conrad Award after the first National President of TKC – is to honor all Kiwis. It is presented for chapter charitable work. The trophy, the Kiwi bird on the marble block was retired. A certificate is no presented to the recipient.
7. The President's Cup - Awarded for outstanding service to The Kiwi Club at the discretion of the National President who selects the recipient.
8. Polly Toll Goodman Award - Awarded to a Kiwi widely known as an organizer, leader, advisor and friend to many in The Kiwi Club. This Kiwi is held in high esteem by the membership for her/his good works and contribution to the good of the organization. The recipient of this award receives a framed certificate.
9. Blue Pencil Award – Awarded to the editor of the best chapter newsletter during the previous two years (convention to convention). The recipient is selected by the Kiwi Kaleidoscope editors.
10. THE KIWI AWARD - Given for continuous - not less than five years - dedication, assistance, support, or promotion of a local Kiwi chapter of The Kiwi Club. More than one chapter member or members at large may be submitted for recognition, as well as any organization fitting the requirements. It can be given any time. Names will be announced at convention. The recipient of this award receives a framed certificate.
PHOTOS OF KIWI AWARDS
The Kay Hansen Award
The Memorial Award
The Kiwi Award of Merit
The President's Cup
Virginia Woodbury Conrad Award
The Millie Alford Membership Award